7 Best Email Marketing Services, Software & Platforms 2023
The thing is. When it comes to email marketing, there are a lot of different email marketing services to choose from. Each one has its own unique set of features, so it can be overwhelming to decide which one is right for your business.
From sending personalized emails, and following up with leads to tracking email engagements, only the best email marketing software can help you automate it all.
In this blog post, I’ve reviewed and ranked the seven best email marketing services and explained what makes them stand out from the rest.
But first, if you want to jump straight to my top pick, it’s AWeber.
So, Why Is AWeber The Best Email Marketing Software?
That is because:
- It’s simple to use.
- AWeber email marketing a nice fit for bloggers and entrepreneurs.
- It offers easy-to-use email automation.
- It has web push notifications.
- It has a nice collection of email templates and landing pages.
- You can set up an automated prospecting and business-building system that PASSIVELY attracts red-hot leads, all online, 24/7. Like using a FREE lead magnet.
- You can tag and segment your subscribers. This means I can target my emails specifically towards certain groups or individuals within each segment – this helps to ensure that I send messages that are relevant and appealing to my audience. For example, I can tag one lot of subscribers who signed up for ‘Lead Magnet A’ or bought ‘Product A’. Then I can direct one content to ‘Lead Magnet A’ and different content to ‘Product A’. Sweet.
- It has a mass emailing service where you can broadcast newsletters and messages.
But, Aweber may not be for you. Later in this guide, I’ll talk about the one beef I have with AWeber.
7 Best Email Marketing Services
With that said…
This guide will help you:
- Choose the best email marketing software based on your needs.
- Find the best savings on the best email autoresponder.
Let’s scroll down to see some of the best email marketing platforms so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you!
Overall. Best Email Marketing Services For Solopreneurs, Rookies, And Digital Marketers.
(Free plan available, Paid Plans starting at $19.99/month)
Key Features of AWeber:
- Email scheduler.
- Drag and drop custom HTML email templates.
- Mobile-friendly HTML email templates.
- More than 6000 free stock images.
- Build landing pages and sign-up forms.
- Email segmentation: Managing your email lists with rules based on various criteria such as interests, open rate, previous engagement history, and geographic location.
- Web Push Notifications: this is great for sending notifications to subscribers even when they’re not online. This helps to increase both engagement and traffic.
- Set up automated email workflows.
- Tracking engagement metrics.
- A/B split testing different subject lines.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of WordPress, Zapier, and Paypal.
- Generating reports on email performance.
Aweber is a popular email marketing service that allows online marketers and small businesses to create and send email campaigns to their target audiences.
With a simple and user-friendly interface, Aweber makes it easy for even beginners to get started with email marketing.
As well, the AWeber email marketing software features AMP emails, automatic RSS-to-email for bloggers, and tag-based segmentation (which is a key to email marketing).
A notable feature is marketing automation. You can create an autoresponder workflow to target leads based on specific actions like email opens, link clicks, site visits, or purchases.
This then triggers an email sequence to deliver more value to the subscriber.
On top of that, it has a library of over 700 design templates.
Although some of the designs look outdated, there are still quite some fresh-looking templates you’re bound to find.
With back-end support, you will have a few options from live chat, phone support, email support, live webinars, and a vast library of how-tos and tutorials.
Any Downside to AWeber?
- Every email subscriber and email unsubscriber is counted toward your subscriber count. This sucks.
- AWeber is not built for the more sophisticated CRM sales and pipeline automation.
If you want to sink your toe in with AWeber, you can try the free plan. In it, you will have access to most of the features, including 700+ landing pages, sign-up forms, email campaigns, other nifty integrations, and awesome customer support.
However, if you want to segment your email addresses, you’ll need to upgrade to AWeber’s Pro plan. Which starts at USD19/month and is based on the number of subscribers on your list.
Whether you’re just launching your first email campaign or looking to improve your current email strategy, Aweber is an excellent choice for bloggers and small businesses.
It is the best mass emailing service provider.
Best Email Marketing Service Provider For Bloggers And Marketers.
(Free plan available, Paid Plans starting at $9/month)
Convertkit is another popular email marketing platform that is used by business bloggers.
One of the main advantages of Convertkit is its ease of use, which makes it simple for even complete beginners to get up and running in no time.
Another notable feature is its automated email sequences which are triggered when an action happens on a website or within the email.
Key Features of CovertKit:
- Email scheduler.
- Email segmentation.
- Email tracking and analytics.
- Track your email list growth over time.
- Automated email sequences.
- Create an automated sales funnel and send content to subscribers automatically so you can prep them to make a purchase.
- For creators, you can sell digital products with their tools.
- With Creator Pro, you can change a URL after the email is sent.
- Landing page and sign-up form builder.
- Basic yet professional text email template.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of WordPress, Zapier, and Clickfunnels.
- A/B split test functionality.
- Content upgrade functionality
Each of these features can help you create high-converting email campaigns that drive results for your business.
Whether you need to schedule email blasts in advance, target specific subscribers based on their previous engagement, or quickly A/B test different email design templates, Convertkit has everything you need to grow your email list and boost your ROI.
Plus, thanks to its powerful integration capabilities with leading marketing tools like Gumroad and Zapier, it makes an excellent platform to start a leads funnel.
Convertkit offers email-based support, live chat, phone support, and a library of how-tos and tutorials to help you get the most out of its platform.
Any Downside to Convertkit?
- Although Convertkit offers some great features, one downside is that its reports are basic. You only receive information on click-through rates, open rates, and unsubscribes. There are no click maps, geo-targeting, and bounce rates.
- Whilst this may not be a major issue for some businesses, it could be seen as a disadvantage for those who want to closely monitor their email marketing campaigns.
You can sign up for a free plan for up to 300 subscribers. This is a good starting point for new bloggers.
For more functionality like an automated email sequence, their paid plans start at $9/month.
ConvertKit is a great choice for professional bloggers and course creators focused on building high-converting sales funnels.
Best Email Marketing Services For Small Business And Individuals.
(Free Trial available, Paid Plans starting at $9/month)
Key features of Moosend
- Email scheduler.
- A/B testing to measure engagement.
- Over 40 responsive templates.
- Moosend is a really affordable email marketing service.
- Landing page builder.
- List segmentation.
- Automation workflow.
- Email metrics like heatmaps, open rates, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes, social shares, and more.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of Zapier and Zendesk.
Moosend is one of the best email marketing tools going around.
Before I go on.
A quick note about marketing automation. It’s noted as a pro feature, which is reserved for the more expensive higher-tier plans.
What’s more, you’ll have your hands on several useful automation templates, so the hard work is pretty much done for you.
And the intuitive campaign builder lets you easily add images, text blocks, social icons, and more to your emails.
For solopreneurs wanting to optimize their campaigns, Moosend offers comprehensive email analytics.
You get a detailed look at email metrics like open rates, clicks, bounces, and more.
But what sets the Moosend email platform apart from other email marketing services is its robust automation features.
Using their pre-built “Recipes”, including upsells, engagement promotion, and customer loyalty programs, you can automate your email marketing campaigns with just a few clicks.
And with the modular design of their automation, every feature has its triggers, actions, and control steps.
This is perfect for filtering email list segments and sending sequences when an action triggers the email automation workflow.
Plus you can fine-tune the workflow with many of its settings.
Any Drawbacks to Moosend?
- The sign-up forms are outdated.
- The landing page builder is not easy to use.
- Limited customer support on the free plan.
Whether you’re new to email marketing or looking for a powerful tool to streamline your campaigns, Moosend is a great choice for any small business owners, freelancers, or bloggers looking to optimize their efforts and free up valuable time.
And it’s a great choice if you require automation workflows at a low cost.
Moosend is an excellent all-in-one email marketing automation tool.
Best Email Marketing Software For Large Businesses And Agencies.
(Free Plan available, Paid Plans starting at $28/month)
Key Features of Sendinblue
- Email scheduler.
- SMS & Whatsapp marketing. This means you can send text messages to your lists.
- Live Chat. A great communication tool for building a relationship with your prospects and customers.
- Push notifications.
- Transactional Email.
- Contact Segmentation – you can send relevant messages to targeted groups of subscribers.
- A shared inbox so you can stay on top of your customer email history.
- Built-in CRM.
- A/B testing is available for Business and Enterprise plans.
- Launch Facebook Ads to drive more leads and engagements.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of WordPress, Zapier, and Optinmonster.
Sendinblue is a comprehensive email marketing platform that enables users to communicate with their clients through multiple channels, including email, SMS, chat, and more.
Not only does this email marketing software make it easy to manage email campaigns, but it can also help identify the best times of the day to email.
Another big mention here.
You have access to real-time statistics on the KPI performance of transactional email.
What are transactional emails?
Also known as trigger emails, these are email messages that are sent in response to a specific action or event taken on a website or in the funnel by a reader.
Which then triggers a custom automation workflow.
These automatic triggers can set off actions like sending emails and SMS messages, email segmentation, and updating your subscribers’ contact details.
In addition to allowing you to create an automation workflow, you get real-time email statistics of your email marketing efforts.
By tracking email delivery volumes, open rates, click-through rates, and any other relevant metrics, you can gain a better understanding of how your audience engages with your email content.
With this information at your fingertips, you can make strategic changes to improve the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns and keep your recipients engaged and interested.
Any Downside to Sendinblue?
- The features on the free plan are limited. So you can’t test and explore this email marketing software.
- At times the application can be slow to load.
- At times a search for a contact can come out wrong.
Sendinblue is a great tool for managing your email list and sending out engaging email campaigns.
Unlike other email marketing services, Sendinblue charges you on the number of emails sends per month.
Whether you are a small business owner or a marketing team for a large corporation, Sendinblue has the tools you need to effectively reach your customers and drive results.
If you’re looking for the best value for money, this email marketing platform is worth a look.
Pricing for the Sendinblue email marketing solution starts at $25/month (billed annually), and it entitles you to 20,000 emails per month.
5. Constant Contact.
Best Email Marketing Service Provider for Digital Marketers And Small Businesses.
(A discount of 7 Days in the first billing cycle, Paid Plans starting at $10/month)
Key Features of Constant Contact:
- Email scheduler.
- Email newsletter marketing.
- List segmentation.
- Smart eCommerce tools
- A/B testing.
- Email deliverability: Constant Contact has a good reputation for delivering emails to subscribers’ inboxes.
- Custom your surveys, polls, and event RSVP.
- A/B testing of email newsletter and campaigns.
- Social media management: You can cross-post to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at once. And you can create social ads in one place.
- Landing page editor.
- Engagement reports.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of Etsy and Canva.
Constant Contact is one of the largest email marketing platforms in use today.
Thanks to its powerful features and easy-to-use interface, it is the email marketing software of choice for many small businesses.
With Constant Contact, you get access to a wide range of digital marketing tools all in one place.
These tools include email marketing, list building, a marketing calendar, social media management, and automation features.
This makes it an ideal platform for small businesses that need an all-in-one solution for their marketing needs.
As a side note: Constant Contact is one of the many brands that sit under the ‘Newfold Digital’ (formerly known as the Endurance International Group) umbrella.
Other well-known brands you may have come across include BlueHost, Hostgator, and SiteBuilder.
Whether you’re looking to grow your email list or streamline your social media strategy, this email automation service has you covered.
And with 24/7 support and online training resources available, it’s easy to get up and running with this powerful email marketing tool.
Any Downside to Constant Contact?
- Customer response time to questions can be faster
- Compared to other email services, it is on the pricey side.
Pricing for the Constant Contact email automation starts at $10/month (billed annually) for up to 500 contacts.
If you want to test the email autoresponder, you will receive a discount of 7 days free with your first billing.
When you think about it. If you want email deliverability and social management then Constant Contact is the best email marketing software for business bloggers and digital marketers.
Best Email Marketing Platform For Small Business And Large Businesses.
(Free Plan available, Paid Plans starting at $15/month)
Key Features of GetResponse:
- Email scheduler.
- Transaction emails.
- SMS marketing.
- Best automated sales funnels.
- Email partner integrations with the likes of Optinmonster and Zapier.
- Automated popups, banners, and bars. An effective method to convert website traffic into subscribers with a lead magnet.
- Push notifications.
- Live Chat. A fantastic way to engage and build a relationship with prospects and customers.
- Webinar. Host your webinars and collect new hot leads
Getresponse is an all-in-one marketing platform to help grow your business. This powerful platform offers email marketing campaigns, high-converting landing pages, and webinar software to give you everything you need to succeed.
But perhaps the standout feature of this platform is Autofunnel.
It is a tool that comes with over 30 ready-made landing pages, email templates, and email sequences to generate sales and supercharge your marketing efforts.
Whether you want to drive lead generation, promote a product launch, or promote registration for a webinar, Autofunnel has you covered.
And best of all, it’s specifically designed to nurture your email list and maximize your funnel’s conversion rates. Helping you achieve your end goals with maximum efficiency and ease.
Any Downside to GetResponse?
- Email deliverability is not brilliant.
- You have to be on a Pro plan to experience the complete email marketing automation or automated workflow.
But, if you’re looking for a one-stop solution to streamline your online marketing efforts and grow your business effectively, GetResponse has the best range of advanced features.
You can start on the free plan that allows you up to 500 contacts.
And when you’re ready to scale, I suggest starting with the Basic Plan. It has everything you need to get started.
While the Plus and Professional plans offer more advanced email campaign service features like marketing automation and sales CRM tools.
Plus, you can save big with annual plans – with discounts between 18 and 30% on some of these plans.
Best Email Marketing Platform For Marketers, Big Teams, And Agencies.
(Free Plan available, Paid Plans starting at $15/month)
Key Features of Hubspot
- Email automation.
- Email segmentation.
- High email deliverability.
- Automation workflow.
- CRM is available.
- A/B split testing to create the best email messaging.
- Send time optimization.
- Create customer sign-up forms and popup forms.
- Landing page editor.
- A payment feature for accepting payments and donations.
- Create custom surveys.
- Email partner integrations.
HubSpot is the most comprehensive marketing platform available, offering everything from email marketing to social media management and website traffic analytics.
It is the customer relationship management (CRM) titan.
Their CRM with email marketing software is one of the easiest ways to design and optimize emails.
To level up your emails, you can also go to its marketplace, where you can find templates that are known to convert.
The layout and other features, such as calls to action, can then be changed using its drag-and-drop editor.
The easy-to-use drag-and-drop email builder allows you to add text, images, buttons, dividers, and other elements to match your brand.
Whether you choose to start from scratch or use one of their many pre-made templates, creating an email is fast and simple.
When you’re done with the design, you can preview it across different mobile devices, or even email clients like Gmail and Office 365.
I like this preview function as it ensures the subject line and the content won’t look out of place in any inbox.
Another key feature.
You have email segmentation, geographic location, list membership, and more.
You have the Hubspot A/B split test.
Using the split test, you can identify the top-performing subject headlines and content for your email campaign.
One of the most powerful features of this bulk email marketing service is the ‘Smart Send‘ function which allows you to adjust your send time to maximize engagement.
Another nice feature is the analytics report.
You’ll have access to various data like opens, clicks, and the amount of time spent viewing your email.
All these numbers can help you optimize your email marketing campaigns and improve engagement.
I also like how it reports to you if subscribers have Read, Skimmed, or Glanced at your email.
It’s a valuable insight into how well your content is resonating with your audience.
This is handy because it can help you to fine-tune each email marketing campaign.
Say. You send out an email and you notice subscribers are only skimming. This tells you this email needs to be improved.
Any Drawbacks to Hubspot?
- The plans are expensive.
- If you are considering any plan above the Starter plan, beware of the high onboarding fees.
- For plans above the Starter plan, you have to pay onboarding fees.
- The learning curve is high.
- Although it is one of the best email marketing software, the templates are dull.
Overall, I believe that Hubspot provides one of the smartest and most effective email marketing tools on the market today.
If you have a marketing team, this is for you. But if you are a small, ambitious business with little budget or a new blogger, this is not for you.
I recommend you try out the free plan before upgrading to the Marketing Hub Starter Package for $45/month.
The Best Email Marketing Software – FAQS
How to Choose The Best Email Marketing Service For You?
Firstly, it all comes down to your needs and budget.
Secondly, you need to dial in on the features of the email marketing platforms you need to grow your business.
You see. The best email marketing services, software, and platforms mentioned here have different bells and whistles, features, benefits, and pricing plans.
All of these email marketing tools are awesome. You just have to find the best fit for your blog.
From choosing software for email blasts, newsletter designs, and permission-based marketing to a sales funnel, I’m sure there’s an email marketing solution for you.
In this guide here, you’ll learn how to choose the best email marketing software for your small business/blog.
What To Look For In The Best Email Marketing Service Provider?
When looking for a good email marketing service provider, there are several key considerations to keep in mind.
First, the email management software should offer easy-to-use tools for creating highly engaging email newsletters with an easy user interface, ideally featuring drag-and-drop functionality for quick and easy editing.
In addition, the best email marketing software should be simple for a user to send personalized bulk emails. Like, Hey John instead of Hey you.
Most of all, the key to email marketing is creating a segmented audience.
Every reliable email customer service software should allow you to group or segment your readers into specific categories.
Think of categories as topics your readers are drawn to.
For example. You can direct content about the ‘best email marketing services’ to one lot of email subscribers, ‘social media marketing’ to another segment, and ‘SEO content’ to a different segment again.
This is known as marketing automation, and it is an essential feature of any good email marketing provider.
Another area to look for is tracking the performance of your email campaigns over time and ensuring that email messages don’t end up getting dumped into the spam folder by mistake.
Still, confused about the features I just mentioned above?
Don’t worry, I will talk about it more later in the guide.
In a nutshell.
A reliable email marketing service should do all the heavy lifting for you. It automatically sifts, sorts and filters out the people who are most likely interested in what you have to say.
And it should have all the marketing features needed to connect with your audience and help you achieve your email marketing goals.
Why Use Email Marketing Services?
Email marketing services are essential for entrepreneurs and small businesses looking to drive more sales and engagement with their customers in more meaningful ways.
From keeping subscribers up-to-date on the latest news to announcing new product launches, email helps to keep your readers informed at all times.
With email, you can also segment your email list based on interest and purchase history ensuring you’re sending relevant messages to help boost engagement.
Moreover, email marketing helps you collect feedback from your customers through surveys so that you can quickly understand what products and services they prefer.
Lastly, email marketing has been shown time and time again to have the highest ROI of any online marketing strategy available, meaning it offers huge value for the money spent.
With just a few simple clicks, you can email targeted messages without breaking the bank – giving you a communication channel to build better relationships with prospects and customers.
When you leverage an email marketing service to educate, help and inform, you are cultivating a relationship of trust with your subscribers.
And when you do, you can point them to answers through stuff that helps, like affiliate links or your products.
What Are the Benefits of Email Marketing?
Email marketing has become a popular method of reaching customers and building brand awareness.
There are many benefits to email marketing, including its low cost, its ability to target specific demographics, and its ability to send personalized messages at optimal times.
Don’t believe me?
According to Campaign Monitor, 74% of marketers stated personalization increases customer engagement.
Can you now see the power of email marketing?
But the biggest benefit is.
Email marketing breaks down the wall between you and your audience.
By consistently emailing free killer content, bloggers and businesses can stay top-of-mind and engage with their target audience in a meaningful way.
So if you’re looking for an effective way to boost sales and connect with your readers, email marketing should be at the top of your list!
How to Choose the Best Email Marketing Platform for Your Business?
It was a problem I had when I first started. It was like.
There are like a million of these freaking email marketing software. How am I supposed to choose the best email marketing service?
Especially, when I needed a list-building tool that suited my small business.
When it comes to email marketing, every small business has different needs.
Some may be looking for an email marketing platform that provides extensive metrics and reporting capabilities.
Other bloggers and small businesses may only need a basic email marketing system that is quick and easy to use.
How Do You Choose the Best Email Marketing Services for Your Particular Business?
One important thing to consider is the size of your email list.
Some email marketing platforms are designed for smaller lists with fewer subscribers, while others can accommodate much larger audiences.
Also, some platforms offer more advanced features like email automation, A/B testing, list management tools, and multichannel engagement, while others place a greater emphasis on simplicity and usability.
And the big one, the emails hit your reader’s primary inboxes.
Here are the main features to look out for in email marketing service providers:
- High email deliverability. You want to be hitting the inbox, not the spam box.
- Pre-made email designs. However, the most effective ones are simple text-based emails. Because you want to make it personal with your reader like they’re getting an email from a friend.
- Email automation. Once a lead subscribes, an automated sequence of emails is kicked in based on certain actions or triggers.
- Reports and analytics. You want to be able to track the performance of your emails. Email metrics like open rates, click rates, bounces, sales, and more are very useful in helping you to level up your game.
- Opt-in forms. Customizable forms that you can embed onto your website to collect email addresses.
- Email segmentation allows you to group subscribers based on their interests, purchase behaviors, and any events you set.
With that said, the key is to carefully assess your unique business needs so you can find the email marketing service that offers the right combination of functionality and affordability.
Whether you’re just starting with email marketing or looking to switch from an existing bulk email marketing service, your research will help ensure you make the most informed choice for your business.
How Does Email Marketing Software Work?
Email marketing software is a powerful tool that allows businesses to communicate effectively and efficiently with their customers and potential customers.
You can send bulk email messages to a list of subscribers and deliver targeted content that is likely to be of interest to them.
Email marketing can help deepen your relationship with your audience and encourage loyalty through targeted email campaigns.
Also, it enables businesses to reach their target audiences quickly and easily without having to pay for expensive advertising space on sites like Google or Facebook.
Other features of an email content management system include:
- Email automation
- Custom email templates
- Dynamic content
- List segmentation
- An analytics dashboard
- Landing page and opt-in forms to help you design and execute effective email campaigns.
With the many benefits of email marketing software, it becomes an essential tool for any business aiming to grow and thrive in today’s competitive marketplace.
The best email marketing service provides the following:
- Email automation allows you to create customized email workflows based on specific user actions or behaviors. For example, with email automation, you can target your customers with highly relevant messages based on their interests. Do this, they’re more likely to engage with your emails and convert into paying customers.
- Create custom email templates that match your branding guidelines and website design. This helps your emails look professional and consistent across different devices and email clients.
- Create Dynamic content that allows you to easily personalize email content based on predefined attributes like subscribers’ gender or location.
- List segmentation. This allows you to send targeted messages based on specific criteria like demographics or buyer intent. With email list segmentation, you can connect with different types of customers at various stages of the buying cycle and tailor your messaging accordingly. As a result, subscribers are much more likely to engage with your emails and take action on the content you’re sending them.
- Robust analytical tools that allow you to track campaign performance in real-time and make data-driven decisions about how to optimize future campaigns. This will help you to level up your game and scale, so you can drive more engagements and sales. Only the best email marketing service can help you stay ahead of the curve and improve your ROI from your email campaigns.
I like to say it again.
An email marketing software is a power listing-building tool for businesses looking to grow and connect with their ideal customers.
Which Is The Best Platform For Email Marketing?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
You Might Want to Check This Out Too
How to Automate Email Marketing & Scale Your Business – Here’s How To Scale Your Online Business With Email Targeting.
How to Get Your Emails Opened And Read – 8 Powerful Ways to Get Your Emails Noticed.
Resources To Grow Your Business With
Bluehost is a great starting point for beginners or bloggers who want to switch to a reliable web hosting service. And it gives you the best bang for your buck - starting at $2.95 a month*.
With the entry-level hosting plan, you'll get a high up-time, reliable customer support, FREE domain name (first year) and 30 day money back guarantee.
It's a web-hosting service I love using. It specializes in WordPress hosting, and depending on what package you opt for, you can host 5 or more sites on one account. The best bit is - the quick turnaround in support is top notch.
For bloggers who have an established blog, this is a fantastic option.
You can learn more about this service here.
Building an email list of a growing audience is essential for the longevity of any business. This autoresponder service is easy to use, and it is a great starting point for someone looking to kickstart their email campaign. You can try their free account here.