How Do I Setup a WordPress Blog on Bluehost?
You’re ready to start sharing your thoughts and ideas with the world, but you’re stuck on one crucial step: “How do I setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost?” I get it.
It was also a daunting task for me in the beginning, especially considering that 43% of websites use WordPress as their preferred platform!
But don’t worry, after careful research and personal experiences, I’ve created an easy-to-follow guide for starting your blog journey.
So. Let’s dive into how you can transform your great idea into thriving blog even if technology isn’t your strongest suit.
Trust me. It’s easier than you think!
Read on and learn how to setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost!
- Choose a domain name for your WordPress blog on Bluehost by going to their website, picking a hosting plan that fits your needs, and entering the desired name in the new domain box.
- Select and purchase a hosting plan from Bluehost based on your budget and requirements. They offer different plans like Basic, Plus, Choice Plus, and Pro with varying features and resources.
- Install WordPress on your Bluehost account by logging in to your account manager, accessing the cPanel (control panel), selecting the domain where you want to install it, configuring settings like site name and username, then clicking “Install”.
How Do I Setup a WordPress Blog on Bluehost – The Steps
This page have some affiliate links. In other words, if you buy from my links, I may get a commission. And some of the images were sourced from Unsplash+ (Oleg Ivanov, Getty Images).
Step 1 – Register a domain name
First, let’s talk about the domain name. This is your blog’s address on the web. Here is how to register a domain name on Bluehost:
- Go to the Bluehost website.
- Click on the “Get started now” button.
- Pick a web hosting plan that fits your needs.
- Now, it’s time to choose your domain name.
- Try to pick something easy for people to remember,
- Enter your chosen name in the new domain box and click next
- The page will tell you if this name is free or taken.
- If it’s free, you can claim it as part of your hosting plan.
Step 2 – Choose a hosting plan from Bluehost
To start your WordPress blog on Bluehost, the first thing you need to do is choose a hosting plan that suits your needs.
Bluehost offers different hosting plans at affordable prices (refer to Table A below).
Here are some options you can choose from:
- Basic Plan: This is the most basic plan that includes all the essential features for starting a blog. It is perfect for beginners who are just getting started.
- Choice Plus: This plan offers additional features and resources, making it suitable for bloggers who expect higher traffic or want more flexibility with their website.
- Online Store: This plan includes all the features of the Plus plan, along with extra benefits like domain privacy and site backups. It is a great choice if you want to start an eCommerce website.
- Pro Plan: The Pro plan offers even more resources and performance enhancements. It is designed for bloggers who have large websites or expect high volumes of traffic.
|$2.95/mo* (Save 40%)
|10 GB SSD Storage, 1 Website, Free Domain 1st Year, Custom WP Themes
|$5.45/mo* (Save 50%)
|40 GB SSD Storage, Free CDN, Unlimited Websites, Free Domain 1st Year, Custom WP Themes
|$9.95/mo* (Save 35%)
|100 GB SSD Storage, Free CDN, Unlimited Websites, Free Domain 1st Year, Custom WP Themes, Exclusive Store Theme, Store Analytics
|$13.95/mo* (Save 20%)
|100 GB SSD Storage, Free CDN, Unlimited Websites, Free Domain 1st Year, Free Dedicated IP, Custom WP Themes
Step 3 – Install WordPress on your Bluehost account
Setting up your WordPress blog on Bluehost is easy. After you have registered your domain name and purchased a hosting plan, it’s time to install WordPress.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Bluehost account manager.
- Go to the ‘Hosting’ tab of your Bluehost account. (Left menu)
- Choose ‘Add Site’ to setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
- Choose the domain where you want to install WordPress.
- Configure the settings for your WordPress installation, such as site name and username.
- Click ‘Continue’ and Bluehost will then create your WordPress Blog.
By the way. Here’s a handy 5 step article by Bluehost on How to Setup a WordPress Blog on Bluehost.
Finalizing Your WordPress Blog Setup
Customize your blog’s appearance and design, install essential plugins for functionality, and start creating and publishing engaging blog posts.
Step 4 – Customize your blog’s appearance and design
Let’s talk about customizing your blog’s appearance and design. This is an important step in making your blog look unique and appealing to your readers.
Here are some things you can do to customize your blog:
- Choose a theme: Bluehost offers a wide range of themes that you can use for your blog. You can browse through different categories and choose the one that best fits the style and tone of your blog.
- Customize the layout: Once you’ve chosen a theme, you can customize the layout of your blog. You can rearrange elements like headers, menus, sidebars, and footers to create a layout that works for you.
- Change colors and fonts: Bluehost allows you to change the colors and fonts used on your blog. You can select from a variety of options to match your branding or personal preferences.
- Add a logo or header image: Personalize your blog by adding a logo or header image that represents your brand or reflects the content of your blog. This will make your blog stand out and make it more memorable for your readers.
- Customize widgets: Widgets are small blocks that add extra functionality to your blog. With Bluehost, you can easily add widgets like social media buttons, search bars, or recent post sliders to enhance the user experience on your blog.
Step 5 – Install essential plugins for functionality
Now that you have set up your WordPress blog on Bluehost, it’s time to enhance its functionality by installing some must-have WordPress plugins.
These plugins are like little add-ons that can improve the performance and features of your blog.
Here are some recommended plugins to consider:
- All in One Seo: This plugin helps optimize your blog for search engines, making it easier for people to find your content.
- Akismet Anti-Spam: Protect your blog from spam comments with this plugin. It filters out unwanted comments and ensures a clean comment section.
- Jetpack: Jetpack offers a suite of useful tools, including site analytics, security features, social media sharing buttons, and more.
- WP Rocket: This is my personal favorite. I use this to improve the loading speed of my blog, and more.
- UpdraftPlus: Backup your blog regularly with this plugin to preserve all your hard work in case anything goes wrong.
- WpForm: Easily create customizable contact forms for your readers to get in touch with you.
Step 6 – Start blogging
Now for the fun part. It’s time to start creating and publishing your blog posts.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard using the login details provided by Bluehost.
- Click on the “Posts” tab on the left side menu.
- Select “Add New” to create a new blog post.
- Give your blog post a catchy title in the title field. (But none of the clickbait stuff.)
- Write your blog post content in the main editor area. You can format your text, add images or videos, and customize the layout using the available options.
- Use headings and subheadings to organize your content and make it easier for readers to navigate.
- SEO your blog by applying the best blogging practices so you can generate organic traffic from the search engines. Like Google.
- Add relevant categories to help organize your blog posts and improve searchability.
- Preview your blog post before publishing to ensure everything looks good.
- Once you’re satisfied with your blog post, click on the “Publish” button to make it live on your website.
- Congrats! You have now created and published your first blog post on Bluehost!
And that’s how you setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost. Not hard is it?
(If you want to, you can have more than one blog page on WordPress too.)
Bluehost WordPress Blog – FAQs
Still wondering “How do I setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost?“. Let’s clear up the questions.
What is the first step to setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost?
The first step to starting a blog on Bluehost is choosing a hosting plan that fits your needs.
How do I create a website using Bluehost and WordPress?
Creating a website on Bluehost using WordPress is easy. You just need to follow the Bluehost WordPress setup guide and instructions for installing WordPress on Bluehost.
Is there an easy tutorial I can follow, if I’m new to this?
Yes! There are many guides giving you step-by-step instructions for setting up a wordpress blog with bluehost made for beginners that make it simple!
Can we use WordPress with all types of hosting plans provided by blue host?
Yes, all types of hosting plans offered by blue host allow creating WordPress blogs or websites.
Why should one choose blue host as their platform for setting up their WordPress site?
Bluehost is recommended because it offers excellent customer support and has been rated highly in reviews among web hosting sites..
Is launching a blog on bluehost done instantly or does it take time?
Starting a blog using blue host and wordpress takes some steps but once you learn how, you can set-up other blogs quickly too!
How Do I Setup a WordPress Blog on Bluehost – Conclusion
Setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost is a straightforward process that involves choosing a hosting plan, registering a domain name, and installing WordPress.
With Bluehost’s user-friendly interface and step-by-step guide, even beginners can easily create their own Bluehost WordPress blog.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be well on your way to starting your blogging journey with Bluehost. So go ahead and get started today!
You Might Want to Check This Out Too
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Resources To Grow Your Business With
Bluehost is a great starting point for beginners or bloggers who want to switch to a reliable web hosting service. And it gives you the best bang for your buck - starting at $2.95 a month*.
With the entry-level hosting plan, you'll get a high up-time, reliable customer support, FREE domain name (first year) and 30 day money back guarantee.
It's a web-hosting service I love using. It specializes in WordPress hosting, and depending on what package you opt for, you can host 5 or more sites on one account. The best bit is - the quick turnaround in support is top notch.
For bloggers who have an established blog, this is a fantastic option.
You can learn more about this service here.
Building an email list of a growing audience is essential for the longevity of any business. This autoresponder service is easy to use, and it is a great starting point for someone looking to kickstart their email campaign.